FRANCE ENERGIES MARINES must ensure that the infrastructures that can guarantee the validation of demonstrators for different types of marine energy sources are available to industry and, in particular, to the 5 prototype projects that are receiving financial support from the French state through the 3Investments for the future” funding programme. To do so, a series of test sites will be set-up for the different marine energy sources. FRANCE ENERGIES MARINES will also develop the protocols and instrumentation chains which can guarantee both the quality and consistency of measurements and results obtained. During the test sites operation phase, teams from FRANCE ENERGIES MARINES will actively participate in assessing the demonstrators.
The main characteristics of the test sites under development are:
- Tidal current – Paimpol Bréhat : 2 connections ; maximum installed capacity of 2MW ; 25 to 45m water depth
- Estuarine tidal energy - Bordeaux : 3 connections, maximum installed capacity of 0.25MW, 9m water depth
- Wave energy – Le Croisic : 4 connections, maximum installed capacity of 8MW ; 35m water depth
- Floating offshore wind – Fos sur Mer : 3 connections, maximum installed capacity of 10MW ; 65m water depth
- Floating offshore wind – Groix : 2 connections, maximum installed capacity of 10MW ; 60m water depth